Disclaimer: If you need an official Autodesk company response or a contact for press related activities please contact Autodesk Public Relations.
The content of this site are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in anyway. In addition, my thoughts and opinions often change, and as a weblog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point in time snapshot you should not consider out of date posts to reflect my current thoughts and opinions.
Prior to joining Autodesk as a Sr. Technical Writer, I was a Consultant of my own independent consultant company called HyperPics, http://hyperpics.com. I have been customizing and programming AutoCAD since 1996, and am a user of both AutoCAD and Autodesk 3ds Max. I have used AutoCAD since R12 and 3ds Max before it was 3ds Max as 3D Studio R3. I use a variety of programming languages when customizing/programming in AutoCAD from ObjectARX, VB to AutoLISP and scripts.
I have been fortunate enough over the past couple years to become a contributor to many resources of AutoCAD information from AUGI to Autodesk and many different newsletters on the internet. The opinions on this blog and on my website are my own and not of any of my employer(s)/client(s) unless given in a comment to me for use on the sites.
* Wrote articles for AUGI HotNews under the column "Customization Corner" from Jan 2004 - Dec 2005.
* Writinge articles for AUGI World on customizing AutoCAD Jan 2006 - Present.
* I support software applications from MS Office to AutoCAD and some of the vertical products.
* I have expereinece in many of the programming languages of today and tomorrow. these include VB/VBA, C++, MFC, ObjectARX, AutoLISP/DCL, ActiveX, Win32 API, XML, VB.Net, C#, and among some others.
* Author two AutoCAD books under the Dummies series.
Worked as an AutoCAD Specialist and Programmer for 7+ years at a large corporation.
* Alpha and Beta tester for Autodesk on Actrix (technical and Business), Volo View, AutoCAD 2002 (Kirkland), AutoCAD 2004 (Red Deer), AutoCAD 2005 (Neo), AutoCAD 2006 (Rio), AutoCAD 2007 (Postrio) along with a couple other small ones.
* Top Beta site for AutoCAD 2004, 2005 and 2006.
* Placed in the 10 for the AUGI Top Daug compentition at Autodesk University five years in a row, 2002 - 2006.
* AUGI Top Daug at CAD Camp St. Paul, 2005.
* AUGI Top Daug at Autodesk University 2006.
* I was the Technical Editor for the AutoCAD 2005 Bible, AutoCAD 2006 Bible, AutoCAD 2006 for Dummies, AutoCAD 2007 Bible and AutoCAD 2007 for Dummies.
* Co-authored AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies.
* Written and had White Papers published for Autodesk. (2005 CUI White Papers)
* I have had many articles/code samples published through the years. Some of these sources include Autodesk (website), Cadalyst (magazine) and AUGI (AUGI World magazine and HotNews on-line articles).
running, cad, spending time with friends and family., anything that deals with technology