Autodesk just began release a new product for viewing DWG files and did they pack the thing full of features. Some of the features are listed below...
- It will view 2D and 3D DWG and DXF just like AutoCAD 2006.
- Can read all DWG files from AutoCAD 2 to AutoCAD 2006 spanning 20+ years of files.
- It will support custom objects like Autodesk Building Systems or Architectural Desktop.
- Publish to DWF. You could even Publish many DWG files to DWF.
- 3D Orbit supported and Shademode
- and much more...
This is great for those that want to view AutoCAD files without the need of having to worry about getting a DWF file. This utility will help to increase workflow internal at a company, especially in production and out in the field. Did I mention it has a sticker price of FREE on it, but free does come at a price of a 100MB download; which still makes it very worth while.
Read more about this DWG TrueView at:
Shaan Hurley's blog Between the Lines
Autodesk DWG TrueView web page